Build your embed code
Build your embed code
Price per night (from):
It’s time for a camping adventure you and your dog are going to love! LandyCampers hires individually converted, fully equipped, camping ready, classic all-terrain Land Rover Defenders. Topped off with a roof-tent and kitted out with all the gear you could possibly need for a road trip. All you have to do is pick your vehicle up at the HQ close to Stansted Airport. Hit the road, find your favourite spot, pop-up the tent, roll out the awning and enjoy the view! Thanks to the spacious roof tents and smart storage solutions you will set-up camp in minutes and find all the essentials you need to sweeten your camping experience. A comprehensive insurance, 24/7 breakdown assistance and 125 miles/day allowance will make sure that nothing stops you on your way.
No other vehicle radiates a thirst for adventure and the outdoors like the LandyCamper Defenders, it’s contagious. Perfect for both the seasoned camper or the first-time explorer wanting to spend more time with nature. The vehicles offer what’s missing for you to just do it! All equipment needed is available on board and your bed will be ready made. All that’s left to do is chuck in your personal bags and make the most of your time on the open road.
A unique, dog friendly camping experience
The team at LandyCampers know how important it is to have your four-legged friend with you on holiday. They have gone to great lengths to make sure the vehicle and camping set-up is as dog-friendly as possible. While driving, the dog can rest on the passenger’s lap or in the spacious passenger footwell. To enable you to travel light, the dog package includes a collapsible food/water bowl and a portable shower to rinse the mud off after a long day out. You will also find healthy treats, poo-bags and a food bag for dry food. The electrical coolbox makes sure any wet dog food stays fresh should it need cooling.
Once set up for the night, your dog can settle down in the rear of the vehicle. Included is a dog hammock which creates a comfy bed and a dog guard which prevents any adventurous dogs from climbing into the cockpit. Alternatively, you can set up the included tent annexe room and your dog can happily make itself a home in its own little room, easily checked upon at night by you just sticking the head out of the tent’s entrance above.
During pick-up and drop-off you are always welcome to let your dog run around. We have a spacious garden (and your dog can say ‘hello’ to our Flat-Coated Retriever , Illy) or alternatively, go for a walk along the fields around us before you continue your journey.
Sleeping and living
- 2-person CAMPWERK roof tent folding out into a large double bed with enclosed awning room that can be attached under the tent
- Bedsheet, pillows and 2 single or 1 double duvet and covers or mulit-season sleeping bag & 2 bathing towels
- Large, wraparound 270° CAMPWERK batwing awning
- Big table and folding chairs
- LED rechargeable camping lantern with torches, fairy lights and integrated LED awning lights
- EcoFlow high capacity portable battery station, with 4 wall outlets and multiple USB A & C ports & portable solar panels compatible with power station
Cooking and eating
- 25 litre Dometic thermoelectric coolbox
- Pots and pan set, colander and bowls, bamboo chopping board, kitchen knives, veg peeler, corkscrew, tin opener, cheese grater, scissors, pot stand & cooking utensils
- Vango plates, bowls, glasses, mugs, kettle & coffee maker
- Vango double burner and Infrared Grill & gas cylinder
- Salt, pepper, sugar, tea & coffee
- Volcann Portable Fire Pit and BBQ, beech briquettes and firelighters
Washing and cleaning
- Eco friendly washing-up liquid and sanitizing hand wash
- Compostable sponge & scourer, tea towels, washing up bowl
- Colapz 8 litre collapsible water container
- Dustpan and brush
- Antibacterial hand gel and wipes
Extra camping and safety equipment
- AA First aid kit & AA Road safety kit
- Fire extinguisher and fire blanket
- Multitool and screwdriver
- Sony Infotainment system
- Hidden lockbox
- Smart storage cabinet, little lounge with cushions and blanket and choice of books
Business owners Max and Bela know that first hand that dogs love the outdoors just as much as we do. Their Defender 90 offers space for two adventurers and a small or mid-sized dog. Spend your days off-the-beaten track, explore the wilder corners of the country and have your dog by your side roaming around freely and soaking in the fresh air. Max and Bela will happily give you lots of tips and inspiration for a route depending on the length of your trip. They can also share an exclusively curated map of their favourite small, wild and secluded dog-friendly campsites in the East of England and beyond to help you make the most of your trip.
If you are looking for some itinerary inspiration we are loving the ideas suggested by:
- VisitBritain – from road trip ideas to food and drink tours, lots of exciting places you can visit and spend your time
- The RAC – have put together their top 10 best road trips of the UK
Dog friendly beaches
- Depends on clients destination
- With just a 60 minute drive to the beaches of the East Coast, there are plenty of lovely campsites and long beaches to choose from.
Dog friendly walks
- Depends on clients destination
- With most of our recommended campsites being located in the Dedham Vale AONB, the Suffolk Coast and Heaths AONB, the Norfolk Coast AONB or near Thetford Forest, there are hundreds of walks to choose from for lovely days out.
- A booking deposit of 25% of total is requested at time of booking to secure the dates.
- A Security deposit standard £1000 on collection of vehicle is pre-authorised on credit card and will be released upon return of the vehicle. Security deposit is set by our insurance and can vary for special cases (under 25, foreign national driver’s license etc), will always be confirmed with client beforehand.
- 100% 5 star Trip Advisor ratings to date.
- Booking deposit secures dates.
- Until paid, dates are ‘pencilled in’, will be given first refusal (chance to pay deposit to secure or change dates) if another inquiry comes in.
- Full balance payable no later than one month before the first date of rental.
- Locked and CCTV surveilled off-street parking available for client vehicles.
- For client’s to make the most of their trip, pick-up and drop-off of the vehicle usually between 10am and 6pm, unless agreed otherwise.
Secure 10% off all last minute bookings in and for the month of May when you book through Dog Holidays UK!
- Car parking
- Maximum number of dogs per vehicle - 2
- A charge of £50 flat rate is required for the LandyCampers Dog Package (covers extra equipment + cleaning)
- A foldable food/water bowl is included
- A foldable food bag to store dry food in vehicle and seal in food odour
- A poo bag dispenser with poo bags is included
- Healthy welcome treats are included
- Dogs must safely travel in the dog hammock or on the rear bench
- Dog ‘hammock’ included to protect rear and create a bed for the dog when parked up
- Dogs may sleep in the rear of the vehicle when parked up or in the included tent annexe that creates an enclosed room under the tent
- Dog may sleep in the tent’s ground floor annexe
- A portable dog shower is included and can be used for the dog
- Dogs are not allowed to be left unattended in the vehicle or tents
- Dogs must not enter the roof tent under any circumstances
- Dogs must be on a lead as applicable to camp site etc and owners must comply with regulations at each destination
- Any and all damage by dogs to equipment, tent, vehicle etc is liable to repair/replacement fee
- Extra cleaning fees may be applicable at LandyCampers’ discretion for unreasonable fouling of any equipment/vehicle etc.
- Dog package equipment must be returned clean and appropriately sanitised
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.