Build your embed code
Build your embed code
Price per night (from):
Hyatt Place London City East
The elegant urban hotel in the heart of East London, Hyatt Place London City East provides great accommodation for you and your loved dog. The neighbourhood offers a nice range of parks, local walks that can lead you to explore the vibrant streets of Shoreditch, Brick lane and take in the skyline of ‘The City’ financial district, bringing together business, culture, history and art.
All of the spacious urban chic 280 guest rooms are cleverly designed to offer work and lounge space. Some of the top floor suites have views as well as balconies with seating areas with breath-taking views over the London City skyline. Enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in a relaxed and stylish setting. Local flavour is our guiding principal, and that means sourcing the best food and drink suppliers as well as covetable artworks showcasing local artists.
Hyatt Place London City East is just steps away from all that London has to offer. A short tube ride to historical Tower of London which is dog friendly from May 2021. Stroll up Brick Lane for shopping, the best curries and markets. Explore Whitechapel Art Gallery or take in the energy of Spitalfield’s Market.
Wine & Dine
Note onsite restaurants and bars are not dog friendly however dogs can be left in the guest room providing they are crate trained.
- Zoom is a casual, urban dining restaurant where you can enjoy a selection of locally inspired multi-cultural cuisine with a special focus on sourcing local and sustainable ingredients. The menu offers small bites, healthy salads, trending mains and a selection of around the world bowl food.
- Pocket Square is a rooftop Bar restaurant where guests can take in London’s east end skyline whilst enjoying creative cocktails from the in-house mixologists. Pre-dinner, after dinner or simply enjoying a drink with friends, the chef’s savoury bites will help keep you going late into the night.
- The Market will offer a selection of individually wrapped, pre-packaged breakfast items such as fresh fruit, yogurt, and more to enjoy on the go.
When you stay at the Hyatt London City East with your dog, welcome biscuits will be ready in your room upon arrival and a comfortable dog bed, perfect for your four-legged friends day and night naps. The hotel has 5 bedroom categories, all of which are dog friendly. Some rooms have sofabeds, high floor with balcony and high floor with terrace.
Included in all guest rooms:
- Contemporary bathroom
- Luxury skin and hair care amenities
- Oversized comfortable sofa
- AM/FM alarm clock radio with MP3 connectivity
- Separate workspace
- Cordless speakerphone with voicemail
- 1875 watt hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Explore the local area
Dog friendly attractions
Note the following attractions are around a 15-20 min journey via taxi or public transport
- Morden Hall Park (Morden, Near Wimbledon)
- St. James Park (Westminster)
- Afternoon Tea at the Egerton House Hotel (Knightsbridge, London)
Dog friendly walks
- St Mary’s Garden in front of the hotel
- Vallance Garden 0.5 miles
Dog friendly pubs
- The George pub
- Isle of Dog
Dog friendly restaurants
- Kheera Kitchen – Commercial street E1 6lt
Dog friendly cafes
- Café East – 426 Roman Road E35LU
- Wheelchair access
- Disabled Access
- Cot available
- Up to two dogs are allowed in a guestroom, provided that the combined weight of both dogs does not exceed 75 pounds/34kg.
- Only dogs weighing 50 pounds/23kg and under are permitted.
- Charges as follows:
- 1-30nights: the fee is £25.00/night.
- 30+ nights: fee is based on hotel’s discretion.
- An extra £50.00 fee will be applied in addition to the above mentioned pet fees for reservations that fail to provide advance notice of pet in the guest room.
- Extra cleaning is performed following the departure of our guest and his pet after a 7-30 night stay and the additional cost will be GBP 80.00.
- Dog welcome biscuits included
- Dog bed included
- Dog food available on request
- Dogs are permitted to be left in the guest room providing they are crate trained.
- Owner will be asked to complete hotel’s dog friendly letter and provide a mobile phone number in order to locate the guest in the event of an emergency. If no answer or reply dog will be moved to an approved local overnight accommodation.
- Owner must agree on a designated cleaning time with Reception/Housekeeping; otherwise, the room will not be serviced. The dog may not remain in the room while Housekeeping is providing the service.
- Owner should always maintain the Pet Door hanger on outside of door.
- Dogs must be on a lead at all times in public areas.
- Dogs are not permitted in food and beverage outlets, Zoom Restaurant, The Market, or Pocket Square roof top bar.
- Owner has to understand that the room might housekeeping and/or maintenance needs and he might need to arrange to have the pet out of the room to accommodate this service.
- Guest is responsible for cleaning up after the pet on hotel grounds and properly, disposing of the waste in the appropriate waste disposal unit.
- Owner is responsible for all damage to hotel property. The hotel does not assume liability for a guest pet or its action while at the hotel.
- Damage caused by the pet to the room, furnishings, or any other part of the hotel are Guest responsibility, and his account will be charged appropriately to the cost of such damages. Guest room is subject to damage inspection at any time and upon checkout.
- Noise/Disruptive complaints: If hotel management receives more than 2 (two) complaints, alternative arrangements must be made for pet. The non-refundable pet fee will not be refunded once the pet has been in the guest suite.
- Verification that vaccinations are complete and up to date is required.
- Pet must comply with local legislation and insurance liability requirements.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.